- I did not participate in an organized chat because I wanted to participate in the teacher to teacher chat but the chat was not up when I signed in throughout the hour. I did, however, look at new teacher chat #ntchat, and read through the tweets that were sent today and found some good resources, and am now following some educators that are focused on twenty-first century teaching.
2. Was there a theme to the chat?
- There was not a theme to #ntchat because I only looked at the tweets that were posted today, but there seemed to be a lot of posts focused around finding educational videos that could be implemented in the classroom. This made me think about Universal Streaming, and how many resources are really at educators fingertips.
3. What did you learn from the chat? Provide specific examples and cite.
- After looking through the tweets from today, I realized how many educators want to help one another in order to ensure that the students of today will be the leaders of tomorrow. One professional that I am now following from today's tweets, The Therapy Group @Thetherapygroup, who are speech and occupational therapists provided a quote that I thought was interesting. The quote said, "Must reward imagination as well as memory". I think this quote is important at any age level because the more students have the freedom to create without structure, the happier students will be, which will lead to students being academically successful.
4. Did anyone post any links that you found helpful? Please share a few.
- Eyeoneducation posted a link for more #hashtags that would lead to more education chats. The link is attached in this post: http://www.teachthought.com/social-media/50-important-education-twitter-hashtags-with-meeting-times/. Also, after asking for educational videos, one educator tweeted that Teacher Tube would be a good place to find resources.
5. Pick three people to follow.
- I chose to follow Jill Bromenschenkes (@JillBromen) who is a professional educator interested in 21st century teaching, and is an education consultant. I am now following The Therapy Group (@Thetherapygroup) who is a group of speech and occupational therapists; my last new follower is HP Teacher Exchange (@HPteachexchange) and it is a professional group of educational leaders.
No comments:
Post a Comment