Monday, December 10, 2012

Final Thoughts...

     When I came into educational technology, I was nervous because I am not tech savy. I learned many useful tools that will benefit not only my experiences in the classroom, but the ways we learned to utilize technology will help to make my students' experience more rich and engaging. Before coming into this class, I felt strongly believed that I will be entering a twenty-first century classroom, where technology is first nature to students, rather than an acquired tool learned through experiences. It is important to be able to use technology in the classroom because it is relatable to students' experiences, abilities, and will make their content more rich, which will ultimately help them retain the information for a longer period of time.
     I learned how to incorporate social media, not only in the classroom, but in a way that will help my professional network in the future. I think that most vetern teachers have a negative image of social media, and wouldn't understand how it can benefit a teacher's abilities. I would like to help change the prospective of some teachers in incorporating social media. Most importantly, learning how to create a portfolio will benefit my career as I prepare to apply for a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment